The READI project is just beginning but its first resources can be seen at readimember.org. LIA's clients (all appraisers listed on policies issued by LIA or working for appraisal firm clients of LIA) are eligible for free membership and other appraisers may be offered special opportunities to join in the near future.
The chartered mission of READI is to:
- Protect appraisers against unfair legal and financial liability.
- Provide appraisers with straightforward information about the legal, financial and insurance issues that affect them.
- Advocate in the interest of appraisers in judicial, political and regulatory settings.
- Support existing and emerging professional organizations that serve the needs of individual appraisers.
- Review and evaluate insurance, legal and business products designed for appraisers using the expertise of READI's staff and board of advisors.
One of the first visible benefits to READI members (and LIA's insured appraisers) is a free 4-hour CE class in Newport Beach, California on October 20, 2010. We invite you to join us there -- even if it's only for the free hors d'oeuvres at the conclusion of the seminar. There is no hidden agenda with the CE class -- it's 4 hours of CE credit for free to READI members, advice on how to avoid legal problems, and free Mexican food at the end of the afternoon.
Click Here to Read Full Post